At the campfire service, Joshua was asked to give his testimony of salvation, his call to preach, and he brought the evening message as well (which was interpreted by Pastor Roy). Joshua is a great testimony of what a young man should be for the Lord.
Yesterday evening, we had a "birthday party cookout" for Joshua and invited a couple of families for this time of fellowship. We grilled out hamburgers and hotdogs and had a wonderful time with Joshua. We played basketball games and I do have to say that Kami and I won for the couples competition at "21" in basketball (I know that Pastor Roy will be reading this so I just had to mention that we won...since he beat me at horseshoes a couple of weeks ago!!!)
Last night after everything was over, we sat in the living room and talked about our evening and just had "family time". We then put the kids to bed and as I went in to say one final goodnight to the kids for the evening, Josh caught my attention and I noticed he was very emotional. I asked him what was wrong and he gave his mother and I a very big compliment. He stated, "I don't want to get older, I am having so much fun as a kid, and I love our family, I love what we do." In an age where we see so many young men who want to grow up, get out of the house, or even get away from parents, there is a young man right here in our very own home who loves the Lord, loves his life as a missionary, loves his parents, sisters, and brother and wants nothing more than to enjoy his time as a "kid". I don't really know of a bigger blessing than having a son who is saved tell us that he enjoys the sanctity of his home and that he doesn't want to leave.......I love you to, Joshua!!!