Sunday, June 28, 2009

I Love to Preach!!!

Today (Sunday) I had the opportuntity to preach at Eglise Baptiste de la Vieille Capitale here in Quebec City. The Pastor here, Pastor Cote', was out of town for a marriage he was to perform in another city. He asked me to fill in for him while he was gone. I eagerly agreed and am so thankful for the opportunity to preach.

Kami and the girls were at our church in St. Augustin because she is the piano player for the month of July. Josh and I went to the services here in Quebec City (this is the same church that our family went on soul-winning/distribution with when we first came to Canada). It was a wonderful service and the singing was so wonderful as everyone sang from their hearts. The song leader was my interpreter and the Lord gave us a great service. Everyone gathered after the services and sang Happy Birthday in French to Joshua.

We had a wonderful day in the Lord and Pastor Roy preached a great message tonight on the "Critical Spirit vs The Thankful Spirit" (we are so thankful that he translates his messages for us as he preaches!). I am looking forward as we will have Missionary John Gibson and his family with us on Wednesday evening. Pastor Roy has also asked me to preach next Sunday evening and I am excited for the upcoming opportunity. We just want to praise the Lord!!!