I did great on my French Test today. I memorized all of the pages of information from the past 4 classes and I was able to give an oral answer for every question asked! I am excited because I was not even sure that I was going to be able to keep everything straight in my mind much less be able to match all of the words and phrases together. My Reward.......several more pages of information to memorize and more homework in which I must form sentences with the prepositions and articles that I have the most problems with.....
As for the disappointment......well, it all starts with Facebook...... Kami has a Facebook page that she uses to keep up with old friends, family members, missionaries, preachers, and past classmates as well. It is a great thing when trying to keep in contact with so many people at once. This afternoon, Kami and I were on the computer and I began to look at some of the "friends" that she has on Facebook (friends are merely people whom she has allowed to communicate with her and we can also view their personal Facebook pages). It is often neat to see what old friends are up to these days and where people are across this great nation.
I guess I am truly amazed & disappointed to see some of the people that we once knew as Christians, who do not live for the Lord. It is saddening, even sickening, to see folks mar the name of Christ with their personal testimonies and lives. I have in just the short time of viewing some people's comments and Facebook pages seen those who once claimed the name of Christ, curse, blaspheme God's name, support homosexuality, consume alcohol, promote their sinful lusts, and brag about their ungodly lifestyles. One young man in particular (whom you would not even recognize as a Christian or belonging to Christ) stated that his lifestyle is the way that he reaches others for Christ is a "real way". He doesn't lead anybody to Christ nor has he helped any one to get closer to the Lord! Maybe the problem lies with the fact that some or even many of these people were never truly saved to begin with........and others, due to sin they let in their lives, turned their back on God for the pleasures of this world. If not for the Grace of God, I too could be as one of these. I am determined more than ever to live a life for Christ!!!
I like that old song.. "I am resolved, no longer to linger, charmed by the world's delight.." I love the Lord Jesus Christ and I am not ashamed to live for Him!