Every so often, I get to thinking about my dad who passed away on May 1st. The other day I was eating a mango and got to thinking about him (he loved mangos). Then yesterday I looked at some pictures of a 1951 Crosley that I used to have, it was one that my dad and I restored together when I was 12. I do miss him. He took with him to the grave a wealth of information and knowledge, he could repair or fix anything you put in front of him! He was a hard worker as well and was never scared of a challenge.
I wish he had spent the last couple of years of his life serving the Lord. He had backslidden and was not living for the Lord. In fact, he had gotten to a point where he resented me being a preacher and serving the Lord with my family. Even though these were hard times for the past few years, I know that today, he is my biggest supporter! I was able to lead him to the Lord in 1995 and he became a "new creature" in Christ. He was in love with the Lord, however through a series of events, he became bitter and left his "first love", the Lord. Now that he is in Heaven, I know that he is excited once again about our life serving the Lord. He is rejoicing in Heaven and he is once again focused on the Lord!