Monday, June 22, 2009

A Great Father's Day

I had a wonderful day for Father's Day and God has truly blessed me with 4 wonderful, fantastic, God-fearing children who truly love me!!! Not to mention that I have the most amazing wife in the world!

On Saturday, Josh gave me the father's day gift he bought with his own money, a new hockey stick. He gave it to me early because we had a hockey game to play at 6 PM and I normally borrow someone's hockey stick...(Josh has his own). My new hockey stick allowed me to score my very first 2 goals! I also had two assists for goals as well! Thanks Josh!

Silas gave me a pair of slippers to keep my feet warm when I walk around the house (I am not sure if he wrapped the gift himself or not!!!). Elisabeth and Brenna combined their money to buy me a very nice pen/pencil set (the most expensive WalMart had to offer!). Kami bought me a tower fan for our bedroom.

On Sunday morning, I was also treated to breakfast at A&W's. What a great morning for our family as we headed to church and heard a great message to fathers and what we should be in our homes. For lunch, Kami made me garlic-mashed potatos, home-made coleslaw, green beans, home-made ribs and cheese cake for dessert! It was a wonderful day!!!