We have been traveling on the road and trying to take advantage of every possible opportunity that we can. Last night we drove 2 hours to be a part of the Winter Revival at Bethel Baptist Church. It was a great meeting and we really enjoyed the singing and preaching. On the way home, we put in a message to teenages by Dr. Phil Kidd. Wow, he sure got with it! People around us on the interstate probably thought I was nuts as I "Amen-ed" and shouted. What a great message!
This past Monday morning, on our way back from Bradenton, we stopped by Perkins for breakfast. (By the way, the breakfast is very good at Perkins and we fed our whole family of 7 for very little.) It's great to be able to stop and get something good to eat instead of junk food and donuts for breakfast! The hard part about being on the road is trying to feed a family of 7 on a low budget and also trying to eat "healthier" as well.
While at Perkins, I had the opportunity to talk to a man named Aaron. As we talked, the Lord allowed me to share the Gospel with him and sitting there on the bench outside, he bowed his head and trusted Christ as his Saviour! I gave him directions to a good church just a few blocks away and I hope he makes the right decision to get into church. I am so thankful to be able to share Christ with others. As we left, he looked at Joshua and said to him, "You have a great dad..." What a privilege to be able to have my kids see first hand people make decisions for Christ!