Monday, February 21, 2011

The "Road" to recovery....

(The good thing about sick kiddos.....they like to cuddle!)

(Callie was the first to start feeling better....her favorite place is in your arms and she's got your attention!)

Our family is doing so much better except for coughs.  I am still on antibiotics and I hope that in the next couple of days, my chest clears up and I can quit coughing.  We hit the road this Sunday and traveled up the interstate to get into a couple of new churches.  It was great for us to get back on the road and finally leave the house!  We are giving the kids a special treat today (Monday) on our way back home.  We are stopping at a Goodwill used book store on the way home.  The kids are so excited and can't wait to get their hands and eyes into some "new-to-them" books!

We have a mission's conference scheduled in 2 weeks and are trying to line up a couple more.  We are excited about what the Lord is doing in our lives and are very excited about what lies ahead in the near future.  

Some have asked about what kind of vehicle we are looking at getting for St. Barths.  It has to be thin to fit on the roads there, have 4x4, lower horsepower, have low miles and fit a family of 7.  I think I have narrowed down our search to a Suzuki XL7.    The suzuki will allow us to get parts more easily in the event of a breakdown.  The mid-2000's  have the 2.7L V6 engine which put out about 180 horsepower versus the newer 3.6L which puts out 252 horsepower.  The reason that I would like the 2.7L is the yearly tax on the vehicle would be substantially lower and is based on the horsepower of the vehicle.  If you happen to come across this kind of vehicle and the price is decent, send us an email and a pic!