Saturday, February 5, 2011

Take the plane...It's an adventure!!!

(Yes, it's for real.  Although this pilot is cutting it very close, they do fly right over the road on this hill.  They zip down the side of the mountain and get to the runway before it ends into the water.  Not much room for error.  From time to time, planes end up crashing into the sand on the beach!)

-  Still no house yet.  We spent the day searching yesterday and contacted many by phone throughout the afternoon.  (It is amazing how we have a network of people calling on our behalf!)  However, still no places available that are open or affordable.  There was a 3 bedoom that was available, at least is was yesterday, but the price is out of our range at 3000 Euros per month ($4,200 U.S. dollars). 

-  We put an ad in the local St. Barths News which is a small little paper, about 5 pages total which is printed on 8 x 11 regular paper.  Everyone reads the paper so we'll see how it turns out.  My ad reads : "Famille ch. une maison à louer.  3 Chambres."  Translation: "Family is looking for a house to rent.  3 Bedrooms."  Then I put a contact number as well.  My short ad cost 20 Euros ($28 U.S.)!

-  Am I discouraged?  No not at all.  God is the one who has called us here and He is the one who will sustain us and provide a place to live.  As my pastor told Kami this week, "Don't get discouraged, it wasn't until the 4th-watch that Christ walked upon the water!"  I am not into signs and wonders but God did speak to my heart yesterday afternoon in a special way:  As I was looking out the patio from the house we are staying at here on the side of the mountain, I was asking the Lord how all of this is going to work and why is it that we are not finding a place to live.  I turned my head for just a second and turned back and there in the sky was a rainbow.  As I saw it, the Lord spoke to my heart and said, "I still keep my promises."  As you can see from the picture below, it was a cloudless sky...
(Our Bible verse for this trip is
Jer 33:3 "Call unto me, and I will answer thee,
and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.")