Well, first things first:
We got back yesterday morning at 3AM before everything was said and done. I was extremely exhausted yesterday but glad to be "home". Although we didn't find a house to rent, we have done a lot of legwork and have a lot of people keeping an eye out for us. Here are some things that the Lord did do for us:
1) I was able to share the Gospel with several people. The seed was planted in there hearts and that was the most important part of the trip.
2) I found out that in order not to lose my Florida's Driver Lincense, I need to get an international Driver's License at the French Consolate in Miami. This is important as I do not want to lose my CDL nor my motorcycle endorsements on my license nor do I want to lose my U.S. license altogether.
3) I also found out that some paperwork that I am needing for us to proceed with the process of getting our French passports is in the Magistrate's office in Paris waiting for his "OK"... This paperwork can sometimes take up to 5 years to get accomplished, ours is in his office after just a year &1/2. Please pray that he will give us the "OK".
4) I also found out about the price of a vehicle, shipping costs and requirements to have a vehicle sent in. We really need to raise the funds to either purchase the right car here and have it shipped or buy one there.
5) We learned about a "Vignette" tax that we didn't know about. This is simply a tax you pay every year based on how much "pollution" your car puts out into the atmosphere. It's not based on actual exhaust tests but on the size of the engine in your car.
6) The Lord really planted my heart there in St. Barths. Normally, when coming back into the U.S., the border guard will say, "Welcome back home!". We cheer or have even cried to be back in the greatest country there is. However, this time, I cried leaving St. Barths. It was different this time. I wanted to be there, the place where God has called my family.
7) We need just a little more support. Things are so expensive there and we need just a little more support to be able to live on St. Barths. We have a meeting next week and will be contacting all of the churches we have been to, to tell them we are ready to leave, we just need their support.
Running a clinic for our sick family:
When we got home, I found that every member of my family had the flu. Each with fevers as high as 104.3 and some throwing-up. So, we are currently running a make-shift clinic!