Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Oooops.............

Well, this is not the first time I have stuck my foot in my mouth. I have done it plenty of times before.....

On the homework I handed in yesterday, we were to write sentences using comparisons and superlatives. Basically, we create a sentence of comparisons using the subject given.

An example:
Beau Prenom de fille. (Pretty first-name of a girl) I must use this subject to write a comparison.
I wrote: Kami est le plus beau prenom. (Kami is the most pretty first-name.)

Then we were to write the negation to this statement, in other words, the least pretty first-name.

I wrote: Bertha est le prenom de fille le moins beau. (Bertha is the least pretty first-name.) ....sorry to anyone out there named Bertha who is reading this....

When I got my homework returned, Bertha was circled. Upon asking our teacher why, she stated that Bertha was her mother's name!