Monday, January 4, 2010

Beat By Two Little Girls....ugghhhhhh!

Okay, I have to admit, I never thought I would be beat in Fantasy Football by two little girls who didn't even want to play!

At the beginning of this year's football season, Joshua, Kami, and I decided we wanted to start a fantasy football league for our family. We created our own private league online for our family but we really needed a fourth team to play along with us. Elisabeth & Brenna didn't want to play nor be a part of it....so like any great parent, we made them.

We told the girls that they could team up, create their own team, draft their own players and tell us who they want to start each week. They reluctantly agreed and I saw them as a sure win for my team. Our teams were as follows:
Kami's Konquorors
Patrick's Eagle Talons
Joshua's Golden Daggers
Elisabeth's & Brenna's Minnesota Turtles (It even sounds like a sissy team!)

We had a draft and began to play each other week to week! My first loss came to the turtles! Needless to say, the girls just guessed at who to play each week. Here are the final results:
Last Place: Joshua (1-16...yes that's right, he only won the last game of the season!)
Third Place: Kami (9-7-1.....we actually tied a game)
Second Place: Patrick (9-7-1.....I beat her in one more game than she did me, puts me in 2nd)
First Place: Elisabeth & Brenna (14-3) I have never seen a team score more points on a weekly basis!)

We have decided to allow our girls to make some extra money next year selling Fantasy Football advice and picks for the week...........

Congratulations Minnesota Turtles! (You still sound like a sissy team!)