Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Yes I feel like traveling, traveling on.....

Well, I finally found some winter boots at the Friperie (thrift store) today. We are getting closer to being ready for our first Canadian winter...and yes, it is coming quickly! Josh is still needing some winter boots and Brenna still wants a fur coat....poor little girl...she's going to be heart broken with no fur coat!

We are packing, cleaning, and getting the van ready for our trip to Stevensville, Ontario (just outside of Niagara Falls). It will take about 10 hours for us to get there. We had our van checked out last week because it was making some awful noise in the right front tire. We took it to a big chain store here and they charged me $40 to take the tire off and gave me an estimate of what needed to be done.........let's just say that the estimate was more than the van is probably worth! (They wanted to replace the rotors, brakes, 4 calipers and some other stuff....trust me, it probably needs to be done!) I told them to put the van back together and when I drove off, the sound was gone....Praise the Lord for that! The only problem is that after a couple of days, I noticed they broke off one of our lug nut bolts!!!! I was assured by a different, trustworthy mechanic this week that the other four lug nuts are going to hold just fine for our trip............

We will be a part of the Mission's Conference at Golden Harvest Baptist Church. We are supposed to be there by Saturday and the meeting is from Sunday thru Wednesday. We are looking forward to the fellowship, food, and sightseeing as well. I will be teaching a SS class, preaching, and presenting our field of service. Please pray for our family as we travel to and from the conference.