Saturday, September 19, 2009

Sage-Femme

Sage-Femme is the french name for "midwife". After many calls and internet searches, I believe that we have found a midwife at a birthing center not far from our house here in Quebec City. We will be "touring" the facilities on Wednesday and meeting the midwives that we will be seeing and working with. (My only hope is that I won't have to deliver any babies as I did with our two daughters!)

I will be preaching tomorrow at another church on the East side of Quebec City about 30 minutes from our house. The Pastor and his family will be on vacation and have asked me to preach and for Kami to play the piano. I am looking forward to the opportunity to teach Sunday school and to preach in the AM service!

Today was a good relaxing day for our family. It seems that school and homework take the majority of our time and it was nice to put all of the French work aside for a while. We went to the Flea Market after breakfast (we are trying to find some more needed winter clothes) and ended up buying a stationary exercise bike for $15! It has an electronic calorie counter/speedometer/timer on it. The only problem is that loading it into the van, I threw out my back! Kami is accusing me of doing it on purpose so I won't exercise on the bike....she'll never know! It was great to be able to rest my back today, work on messages, and just play with my kids. What a great day!