Kami and the kids took part in the services and what a blessing they were (I love to hear them sing!). Kami played the piano for the singing and some of the specials (Her piano playing in French has come along a whole lot faster than her speaking!..). Actually, Kami sang in a ladies trio and some of the verses were in French and she did a great job!
Silas was a huge "hit" at the conference. He drew much attention and was the highlight of the day for some folks! Here, one of the missionaries, took Silas and carried him around to all of the display tables (see the picture below, he and Silas are in the background!). He put hats on his head and had a great time with him...although Silas doesn't look to happy in this picture! Silas had a great time taking people's water bottles from them. Mrs. Lucy from our church has been giving him her finished water bottles to chew on and play with.....Silas saw a lady with a water bottle in her hand standing next to him, so he reached over and grabs it right out of her hands and stuck it in his mouth.....he knows how to be able to keep items!!!....she didn't want it back after it had been in his mouth!
The preaching was powerful! Beginning from Pastor Roy's message to the final message on Tuesday evening, each was bathed in prayer and it showed. I will try to get the some of the messages for anyone who wants to hear them, you will not regret it! Joshua with tears in his eyes (when the meeting was over) said, "Dad, I wish the meeting wasn't over.....I love preaching and I love being with preachers...." The Bible says, "The preaching of the cross is unto them that perish foolishness, but unto us which are saved, it is the power of God." If you do not love preaching, I truly believe that you are not right with God and a weak Christian! Give me a young man any day that would rather listen to preaching than waste away his day playing video games! What a powerful past couple of days!!!