Monday, September 21, 2009

Our Car Was Surrounded By Police..!!!!

When Beth and I came out of Bureau en Gros (Staples office supply) our van was surrounded by police looking in the windows of our van....should we run and get away or face the charges against us......okay, okay...there was one police car with two officers, of which one was looking into our van......but the original story sounds so much better!

Monday's is our day for Kami to go grocery shopping and I stay at home with our kids so they can do their home-schooling . Today we all went because I had to go to the office supply store to get some envelopes and ink. Brenna, Silas and Josh went with Kami into Wal-Mart and Elisabeth and I went into the office supply. When we came out, the police were there looking into our van. When I asked if everything was ok, they asked for my driver's license and wanted to know why we were in Canada...(our car tags our from Florida). Then he asked who the little girl was with me. I told him she is my daughter and he promptly wanted to know why she isn't in school. I explained to him that we are missionaries helping a church here in Canada and that we have a two-year visitor's VISA's. I also explained that our children do "ecole de la maison" (home schooling). He informed me that a woman who works at Staples called the police because my little girl was not in school.

They ran my license, car tags, and questioned Elisabeth about who she was and then they asked me for our home phone number...I do not know it (I don't call myself...I use our cell phone!)..... Then he asked for our home address ( I gave him that) and then he asked for the church address ( I don't have it memorized!) I explained where it was and then I remembered I have Gospel Tracts in the van with the church address and our prayer card so I gave him both. He looked at the tract information, then our prayer card and he smiled and called me his "brother" and shook my hand! He said that he understood now and that everything was fine. With a big smile he said that he too was saved and gave me his blessings to keep doing what we are doing! Beth finally began to breathe again and we were on our way! Praise the Lord for fellow Christians! We could have gotten some hard-headed police officer who could have given us some real problems.....but God protected us!