Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Sunday Morning Mayhem...

Sunday morning....normally a hectic morning for us as 8 of us use 1 bathroom in a 2-bedroom house trying to get ready for church....getting the day's fellowship lunch together...making sure the house is all clean  & ready for services...taking care of the finishing touches on the Bible study and songs.

But this past Sunday was different.  It was Silas' birthday and we were looking forward to having everyone with us to not only start our New Year's Bible studies with our new theme-verse for the year, but also to celebrate Silas' 4-year birthday.

Kami got in the car to leave to pick up the ladies and I was all dressed up ready to go.  Then Josh came running in and said, "We have a flat tire!"  My mind quickly raced back to when I was a child to the old "Dukes of Hazzard Show" (which I don't recommend to anyone now that I know the Lord!).  But in that old series from the 70's, Bo & Luke Duke could change the General Lee's flat tire in under 1 minute or 2...so I told Josh, I think I could do it in 3! (unlike the Duke boys, I had to go find the jack and tools.)
I was on my way to beating those old Duke boys when the jack sank down into the dirt...Aagghhhhh!  Time was clicking, I was sweating and I was now covered in dirt.  Needless to say, after 15 minutes we got it done!  But at least we were on our way!  But on my way back to the house I passed our chicken coup and we had our first egg!  Yay!  I opened the door to get the egg and immediately I was met with two angry hens who scratched my face, knocked off my glasses and escaped!  Now we were down 2 chickens and the egg was cracked...

I took a shower and we were all set to go.  Then, Kami called and said that only 1 of the ladies whom we normally pick up was going to come today.  That hurt a bit.  All-in-all, we had two ladies present for our service.  But we had our Bible study and introduced our theme verse for the year just as if everyone was there!  
We then sang Happy Birthday to Silas and  celebrated his 4th Birthday!

Aunt Mariane brought a King Cake for Silas and he got the king in his piece!

Silas had been asking for a Strawberry Cake for his birthday so Kami made one for him and he got to blow out the candles that evening.  He loved it!   

Silas, you are a wonderful young man who is full of energy and imagination!  You remind me so much of me when I was a kid.  I love you so much!  I pray each day that you will soon accept Christ as your Saviour and do great things for God with your life.  Happy Birthday!