Friday, January 4, 2013

Kami's Chickens

It all started with a DESIRE in Kami's heart.  I have noticed that God has always given Kami the desires of her heart throughout our marriage.  Normally, she only has to say (& sometimes just think), "I wish we could have..." or "I really need..." and the Lord provides that very thing.

Well, this time it was...chickens.  Yes, she said several months ago, "I would like some chickens."  That was it and to be honest, I had no intentions of getting chickens.

But God....don't you just love those words?  But God gave her the desire of her heart and then some!

It started one morning with 2 skinny chickens that showed up at our house for several days in a row.  Of course Kami was excited and had Silas & Callie name them...JOHN & PINK....(Silas didn't quite get the idea that JOHN is actually a girl.)




(Notice the progression, a new chicken added in each picture?)
With each day, there is a new chicken that shows up.  Our high chicken-day is now officially 13!  And yes, the kids have named them all!  But it didn't stop there...

Now we have a chicken coup!  Leo, who lives with my aunt, made one for Kami and delivered it last night.  We have already caught PINK and she is enjoying her new home...now just start laying the eggs!