Brenna is our third child...the second one that I had to deliver after saying, 'I never want to deliver another baby again!' You see, she came so quickly (Kami was in labor for about 1 1/2 hours) that our midwife couldn't make it to our home on time....the same thing happened with Elisabeth as well! It just so happened that when we called our midwife when Kami's labor started, she said to me, "I am 2 hours away, I will come as fast as I can!" She made it 5 minutes late in both cases!
Brenna is our 'spunky' girl who loves to rough & tumble! As a little girl, she loved shooting, play fighting, and virtually anything outdoors. She stills wants to go hunting and to kill her first deer! (There isn't any here so I may have to let her future husband take her hunting!) All I have to say is, "No sissy boys need apply for her hand in marriage...he needs to know how to handle guns and act like a man! She won't put up with a wimp and just might beat him up when their first fight arises!"
Momma, Micah and Grammy were all able to Skype for her birthday!
So Elisabeth called her Momma for some directions with the recipe and did a fantastic job! It was awesome! (Even had a 'B' for Brenna baked right on the top!)
At 14, we told our girls that we would purchase them a purity ring if they so desired. This ring is a token of a promise made to God and to parents to remain pure until the day of their marriage. Both of our girls (and Josh) have made this promise. We gave a budget to Brenna and she began to search all the jewelry shops online. She knew that she wanted a Peridot (her favorite color is green) and this is the ring that she chose. I took her out to breakfast and we talked about this promise she was making. We have talked about how many a young lady doesn't deserve to put on a white wedding dress which is supposed to be the symbol of her purity. She understands that her purity is the best gift that she can give her future husband!
We love you Brenna!




