Well, last night I preached at Église Baptiste de la Vieille Capitale in place of Pastor Coté as he started his vacation. I will be filling in for the entire month of July and I will be preaching all in French.....I have to admit that I was very nervous to preach in French. I do not get nervous before preaching but to preach in a different language is very difficult. This is also the church that our language professor attends and I think she may have been more nervous than I was! Nothing like having your student practice in front of all your friends at church!
Everyone was so kind and after a few minutes I settled in and calmed down. I was able to not only read my message but I was able to add some points just off the top of my head as well. I was relieved when we left the parking lot and felt more confidant that we are getting a good foundation in the French language.
As we drove away, Joshua looked at me and said, "Dad, that was the best message I ever heard on the book of Revelation!".........I preached from the book of Joshua!!!.....Nothing like a family that encourages you!
P.S.....It is getting hot here in Quebec. Yesterday it was 92 degrees in our house and today is supposed to get even warmer than yesterday!.......and no, we don't have air conditioning......but our van does!!!