Monday, July 12, 2010

My second service.........

Yesterday marked another big step for me as I preached (for the second time) in French at l'Église Baptiste de la Vieille Capitale in place for pastor Coté.

The singing was wonderful and everyone loves to stay after the services to fellowship. We have enjoyed trying to speak to everyone in french and at times we have had to ask folks to talk a little slower so that our minds can understand and translate what was said to us.

We are learning more and more new vocabulary every day especially having to write a full months worth of sermons all in French. My goal is to be able to have my sermons come back without any grammar corrections.....I think I still have a long way to go! However, I was told that my pronunciation is excellent and that I don't sound "American" when I speak! This is solely thanks to our professor Madame Claire whose expertise is in "Phonetics" and is a stickler for correct pronunciation.

Yesterday was also a church picnic for l'Église Baptiste de St-Augustin. We had a wonderful afteroon playing, eating and enjoying everyone's fellowship. We love the outdoors and the weather was not too hot.

We praise the Lord for the advancements that we have made in our language studies and are so thankful that the Lord brought us here.