Well, let's begin by saying that football season is here! Yes, that's right.......training camps for football opened up this week and I love football! I have high expectations for my Philly Eagles this year! Normally for the first game of the season, my family wears our Eagles shirts and my wife makes some sort of football snacks. Kami loves the Eagles and enjoys a great game as well.....What a wife!
Vacation season is here as well. The beginning of August is when most people take their vacations here Quebec and for 2 weeks our language professor is in Cuba. It seems weird to say that people take their vacations to Cuba but here in Canada, you see Cuba advertisements and billboards around the city. We have two weeks off from school which is a great break for us. There are times when you need to step away from learning a language before your mind falls apart and we needed this time off! Josh, Beth, Brenna and I enjoyed a great time camping last week with Bro. Hamby and his kids. We hiked, fished, swam, and roasted hotdogs, hamburgers, ears of corn, marshmallows, and a host of other things on our campfire. It was a great time outdoors! Except for the raccoon who decided to join us at our campfire the last night, there were no serious mishaps, scares, or injuries (if you don't count the burnt finger, cut finger, and the fish hook to the eyebrow and a finger. )
Allergy Season is in full swing for me! This has been a warmer Spring and Summer this year compared to last year when we were freezing in June! Thus the ragweed is in bloom and there is no rest for the weary as we must keep our windows open at all times. This seems to be an early start for my allergies which normally start up at the end of August. I only seem to have a "let-up" from my allergies when I can lock myself in an air-conditioned room for several hours. This isn't possible unless we are in our van with the windows rolled up and the A/C on......When my allergies are in full swing, I can't breathe because Asthma kicks in, my head and nose are congested beyond breathing capabilities, I sneeze non-stop, and I am so groggy that I can't keep my eyes open. My favorite time of year is the Fall season but it is my worst time of year as well.
Preaching Season....yes I said preaching season! I preached all in French last Sunday morning and evening, as well as this Tuesday, Wednesday, and next Sunday morning and evening as well. Then in September I am preaching all the services for two Sundays at Trois Rivieres and every Wednesday at St. Augustin. Then in October I am preaching every Wednesday and one Sunday as well. I am thankful to have a break in August so that I can try to write some more messages because after this week I will be out of new messages in French. Then it's back to the drawing boards as I battle allergies and prepare new messages in French which normally take me 3 days to write one message in French! But I am excited about the opportunity that the Lord has provided me! We still have a ways to go in fully understanding and speaking French and all these times of preaching/reading my messages has helped my tremendously!
Until next time..........................