This past week has been a little difficult in that 5 out of 7 members of our family have been sick all at the same time. This is actually a blessing in that it is best to get it over with all at once instead of passing on the colds from one person to another over a month or two! We have had runny noses, sore throats and fevers. True to form, Elisabeth is normally the one who gets the deep coughs that sound like her chest is going to explode. She has been coughing for the past two days but at least she is off of the couch this morning and helping out in daily chores.
I was able to preach Sunday and was very comfortable preaching. I am still reading my messages but with more voice inflexions, pauses, and animation. I can make more and more eye contact and have even been able to stop reading and add in details or ask impromptu questions from the top of my head. This is another big step for me!
Tonight (Tuesday), I will be preaching a message about the Gospel being spread from Jerusalem to the world. You can see the spread of the Gospel, chapter by chapter in the book of Acts and how it gets farther and farther from Jerusalem. It is amazing to see how God works to get the Gospel from one city to the next!
At the end of this week, I am taking Joshua, Elisabeth, and Brenna camping. Brother Jason Hamby is going to come along with his 3 boys as well. This was going to be the second annual father/son camping trip which would be a continuation from last year with Pastor Roy and his son. Pastor Roy had brought up the idea of allowing the girls to come along and the more I thought about it, the better it sounded. The more kids there means we can play baseball games and other sports and actually have enough people to make teams. Well, things didn't work out for Pastor Roy to be able to attend the camping trip to Jackman, Maine. But Bro. Hamby and his boys and our bunch are planning on having a great time there.
Joshua and I will be heading back in a couple of weeks, just me and him, to have a father/son fishing trip in Jackman. We are planning on spending the entire day fishing and covering the lake like they do in the Bass Master's tournaments! We are going to try different lures and techniques and hopefully catch a mess of fish!
My schedule is beginning to fill up for this Fall. I will be preaching the rest of this month at Vieille Capitale and also preaching 3 messages at St. Augustin to finish this month as well. Then, in September and October, I will be preaching two Sundays in Trois Rivieres, a Sunday in St. Augustin, and all of the Wednesday evenings in St. Augustin along with leading the music at St. Augustin as well. Pray for me because those who know me, know that I cannot sing, keep a tune, nor lead music with the hand motion thing! My wife just laughs and laughs at me when I try to sing and the kids plead with me to stop! Nothing like a family to encourage you!!!
Until next time.......