Sunday, March 21, 2010

Nobody Told Me I Needed Two Messages.....

Pastor Coté of a nearby church was in the hospital this week with some heart complications. He needed someone to fill the pulpit in his absence after having a heart CATH. I said that I would gladly fill in and I was told that I just needed one message for Sunday morning.

After arriving at the church just a few minutes before the services started, I was asked by one of the men if I was ready to preach two messages. YIKES!!!! I told him that I had left my english bible with all of my notes back at home and brought just my french Bible with only the notes for my one message. He looked over at Josh who had come with me and said, "Joshua has his english bible, maybe you can use his."

So, I took Joshua's Bible and found some of his notes from a message that I had preached from who knows how long ago. I preached the first of my two messages using his notes! When I was done preaching, people went up to Josh and told him how wonderful his notes were!........I thought I preached the message.......