No more homework.....no more books.......etc.....etc......etc.....you know the rest of the song.
Our last class of language school (for the Christmas Break) was yesterday!!!!!! Yeah!!!! Kami and I feel like kids back in middle school who can't wait for Christmas Break! It won't totally be without homework, though. Have you ever had a teacher who gave you work to do on your vacation breaks? Well, Madame Plante gave us books to read and pages of work to be done...the only problem is that she said, "Do what you can do and get done what you can over the Christmas break." My spirit is willing but my flesh is weak...I can already feel myself coming up with reasons of why I couldn't get any of it done!!!!
Silas is going to miss French classes a lot. He is in love with Madame Plante and she thinks he can actually speak French. Upon our arrival to class, she takes Silas and begins to unbundle his winter gear. She laughs and giggles with him and he laughs and babbles back. She is convinced that he knows how to say "shoes" in French! She loves to give him cookies to eat. Normally towards the end of class, the kids bring in Silas after his nap so that Kami can feed him. However, he has learned that he can manipulate Madame Claire. He smiles at her and with big eyes and says, "MMMmmmmmm". This is her signal to get him a maple cookie. He'll take a bite and look at her and say, "MMMmmmmm." She says, "MMMmmmm and laughs." This conversation between them goes on for several minutes.
At some point, I try to get class going again. I will try to answer a question in French and I will look up at her to find her waving and smiling at Silas. I will answer a question and she will say that Silas is doing so good! In fact, Silas sat in her lap and ate his snack at her desk the other day while she taught us French!
Madame Plante is a fabulous teacher and very patient. Our french is coming along and she is such an encouragement. We are blessed to have her as our teacher. (She also bought each member of our family a Christmas gift!) We are looking forward to a great Christmas Break and yet, we are looking forward to the time when classes start back up......