Monday, December 21, 2009

Cookies & Christmas!

This weekend was a big weekend for our family. Normally for the Christmas season, our family makes Christmas cookie platters for families that we know. Kami and the kids bought all of the necessary items and supplies that they needed. They spent almost all day Saturday baking, cutting, decorating and preparing the cookies and platters. We even included a small wrapped gift for families with children (....one of our favorites...a family game as a gift!) They each worked hard and had me sample the baked goods.....someone had to perform a quality taste test!!!
We passed out a cookie platter to our neighbor and landlord as well as families in the church on Sunday. After we got home, I realized I had made a mistake in handing out the cookie platters to the families at church. When I gave the cookie platter to each family, I meant to say, "Merry Christmas, this gift is for your family." However, I mixed up the possesive pronoun and as I handed each family their platter and I ended up saying, "Merry Christmas, this is for OUR family!" Oh well, this is just the start of many mistakes to come as I speak French! (Do you think that each family might think that they are supposed to give us back the cookie platters for Christmas!)

On Sunday, there was a special Christmas Sunday school time. Families signed up to sing Christmas specials and play instruments. Kami and the each one of our children had a part in the special service. (Yes, even Silas! In the video that we took, we could hear Silas "singing" out loud as his sisters and brother sang and played!)



We finished the evening (right before Sunday night football!) with everyone in their pajamas, around the Christmas tree, reading short Christmas stories as a family.