Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Great visit and Cowboy Invasion!

Yesterday, Joshua and I went to pick up Bruno for a ride around the island and a coke.  Bruno is a man here that is blind.  A few years ago when he lived on the island of St. Croix, he was shot in the head as he came out of the bank after cashing his check.  He lost his sight but is thankful to still be alive.

He is Maria's brother and Maria has such a burden for her family.  We have been visiting this family and hope that one day they will accept Christ as their Saviour.  The last time I visited Bruno, I asked him if he knew what time it was.  He responded that he never knows what time of day it is unless he askes someone.  

One of my prayer requests has been of asking God to show me ways that I can help people personally.  He immediately showed me that Bruno needed a clock made for blind people.  So I bought a clock on Ebay and had it delivered here.  When Josh and I went to pick up Bruno for a time of fellowship yesterday, I gave him the clock.  As I had him feel the clock to find out what it was, he pushed the big button that verbally announces the time.  The look on his face was worth it all.  He exclaimed, "You bought me something to tell me the time!"  He was so thrilled and he immediately went to put the clock on his shelf near his bed. 

We had a great time of talking and visiting.  He enjoyed getting out and going for a ride which he rarely ever gets to do.  At the end of the afternoon, he said that one day he would like to come to our Bible studies.  It was a great afternoon!

On a side note, we were invaded by cowboys today!  We all love running around the house playing cowboys and indians.  Even Kami gets in on the shooting, but she turns out to be a very bad shot!


 Josh outfitted Silas and Callie for another raid on the indians today.

They are taking their roles very seriously, you never know when the indians might win!

But what's a hug between cowboys!