Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Please pray for our mail......

That might seem like a weird request, but there is a reason.  You see, we sent over 90 letters to Pastors and churches this morning.  These are churches that we have either been to or been in contact with.  The letter includes a letter from my Pastor letting these churches know that we are finishing language school and in need of several more churches to take us on for support before we can leave for the field.  We prayed over each letter and each Pastor who will be receiving these letters.  Please pray for this batch of mail that God would use it to see our support level increase.  We are so close to being able to leave for the field.

Today was also a hard day physically for several in our family.  My allergies to ragweed are in full "bloom" (pardon the pun).  In fact, I had to leave french class 15 minutes early with swollen eyes, constant sneezing, running nose and my asthma acting up.  (As I write this, my eyes are swelling shut.) Even with these unbearable symptoms, I had a wonderful class this morning.  I spent the morning giving a Bible study to Madame Claire (our professor) in French.  She had to help me with some Bible words in French and some of the names.  (for example: Stephen is Étienne)  The topics that I was able to discuss were divorce, a wife's role to her husband, and us being created in the image of God.  Not easy topics to cover when you are using very simple sentences in a foreign language.  Madame Claire was very gracious and said that she was able to understand everything that I explained to her. 

Then, this afternoon, three members of our family have the stomach flu and Brenna has broken out in her eczema rash all over her body and face.  I think I will put her in gloves to stop scratching!  We appreciate so much your prayers for our family.  It won't be long before we will be leaving Quebec and we can see that old Devil working against us.  But I am so thankful that greater is He that is in us, than he that is in the world!!!