Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Busy Last Few Days!

With the last few days being so busy, I am finally getting to post a quick family update....

I had a great time preaching last Wednesday at Eglise Baptiste de St-Augustin.  I was able to lead the singing in French...if you can call it "leading singing"!

This past Sunday, I was able to preach at Eglise Baptiste de La Foi in Trois Rivieres.  Bro. Hamby was still out of town so I had the opportunity to preach and teach Sunday school in his place.  (I do have to wonder why we lose our car keys every time we have a meeting there....no kidding.....this is the 4th time in a row that we have lost our keys!.......we do find them after a while of searching!)

Our family along with Madame Estelle and the Burdette's (another missionary family) went apple picking.  We had never been apple picking at an orchard before.  We went to Isle d'Orleans which is the big island in the middle of the St. Lawrence River.  We picked 13 lbs of apples in about 7 minutes!  It sure doesn't take long to fill a bag of apples.  We had a great time and Silas loved the little "zoo" of animals on display.  He "quacked" at the chickens and "neighed" at the goats.  Then he wanted to pet the turkeys but I don't think they really wanted to be petted.



The past couple of weeks have been very busy, but we enjoyed our day of picking apples!  We loved the adventure and loved the fresh apples!