Things are going great this week with Callie Grace. She has been getting up one time through the night for a feeding and letting her very tired mommy and daddy get some sleep.
Silas on the other hand has been getting up everyday at 5:30. How do you keep a child from getting up so early every morning? We have also noticed that he keeps telling us to "go take a walk". We finally figured out that this is his way of saying "your welcome"! It's more like "Yo take-a-walk-um"........At least we realized that he really isn't being disrespectful! He also has it in his head that all foods are now "hot". When we give him his food (it may be cold fruit) he takes a bite and then opens his mouth and eyes real wide and says "HOT!" Then he spits out his food. How do you teach a child that ice cream and yogurt is not hot???
Kami is doing well and recovery very nicely. The kids and I have been pitching in and taking care of everything for her to allow her time to rest and make the fastest recovery possible. I, for one, am ready to give her back all of her duties and responsibilities. She told me yesterday, "You don't get the fulfillment and joy like I do from taking care of the house, laundry, and kids do you?" I just don't understand where mothers get the energy. All I do is cook, clean, pick-up after the children, and then starts it all over again at lunch time!!!! Somedays I just feel like going out to dinner!
We start our french classes again today (Tuesday). Madame Claire is coming to our house this week to conduct our classes. She is such a blessing and I hope that I can stay awake for our classes....Did I mention that Silas was up at 5:30 again this morning???