O.K....I know the title is weird but it does catch your attention!
This past Sunday, I had the opportunity to preach twice. I preached all in French for Sunday school and in English (with a translator) for the AM Service. I would love to make more eye contact with the people as I preach but for now I am stuck to my paper on which I have every "jot and tittle" translated.
Once again the bug was at our house. I was sick with the stomach flu last Wednesday and Thursday. I was very kind to share my "bug" with Kami who was sick Saturday and Sunday. But please do not worry, I instructed the kids to save all of the housework for Momma when she gets better,.....we don't want her to feel like she isn't missed or that she isn't needed!
I am currently working on another two messages in French that I will be preaching in two weeks. I am understanding more and more each day (plus en plus chaque jour!). Pastor Roy and I went on "porte à porte" (door to door soulwinning) this evening and he was able to give the full plan of salvation to a middle-aged man and a young lady this evening. If you haven't figured it out, I am the "silent" partner in soul-winning! In the apartment complexes that we have been visiting in, the doors are right next to each other. My fear is that we will have two doors open at the same time and I may have to talk to some one in French!
The Jehovah's "False"-Witnesses have bombarded all of these apartments every week. Pastor Roy has developed a great introduction to put people at ease and let them know we are not Jehovah's Witnesses....He says, "Hello my name is Guillaume and this is Patrick. I am a Christian not a Jehovah's Witness....." Then he continues with the Gospel. He has a very direct and kind approach to speaking with people. I have noticed that this immediately puts most people at ease and many will even chuckle and sigh with relief to know we aren't Jehovah's Witnesses. (For those of you who know about mine and Kami's first attempt at soul-winning on our own some 14 years ago......no, Pastor Roy and I have not had any elderly women throw us down the stairs!!!)
It has been a great week and I look forward to what the Lord has in store for us the rest of this week!