Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Finally An Update!!!

Well, okay....It has been awhile since my last post but "better late than never!".....

Here is some news from the past, present, and future!

The Past:
-We received the results from Brenna's thyroid test and it came back negative. All of her tests came back with absolutely no problems. We praise the Lord for this! I still do believe that part of her past problems were a result of low iron. She is doing better now but still has a few "down" times every once in a while.

-Kami's last mid-wife appointment went great and Kami is right on schedule to deliver in mid-May. Her mom purchased her ticket to fly here to Quebec on May 14th and we are excited to have her come.

The Present:
-We finished the Subjunctive tense in French a week ago and started the Passive Tense last week. I am getting confused with all of the tenses, how to conjugate each verb and when to use each tense. There are so many different ways to spell the same verb according to what tense the verb is in and what the subject of the verb is. Not to mention that the verb can be reflexive!
Today seemed difficult as we learned about using Terms that express time (ie: when to use the words: during, since, in, on, after, before, following, etc.) It may seem easy at first but the french mind doesn't work like the english mind. There are certain rules of when to use which and today we had to figure out which word to use according to "whose time" was being referred to. Was it my time or the person's I was talking about. If you are confused just reading this, you should have been in class.....very confusing!

-I am currently working on preparing French sermons (yes, all in french). I turned in one today to have Madame Claire correct my grammar. It is great practice for me to use my french having to translate and use verb tenses, etc.

-The kids have been doing the yardwork around the yard. Raking up leaves from the Fall, trimming branches and pulling weeds. They are excited to be outside because the temperature is wonderful!!! We even went to class today without any jackets! The kids are working at setting up an area under one of the apple trees to set up some chairs, a small outdoor table, and flowers to have a spot to eat, read, etc. outside. They are doing a great job and are having fun while working.....not to mention getting muddy from the melted snow and rain we received!

The Future:
-I will be preaching this Sunday. I will be teaching the Sunday school in French and the main service in english.

-I will also be preaching at the end of April for both Sunday school and the Main Service. I will be preaching both messages all in French and yes I am nervous. I am not nervous about the material nor the people being present but more because I am an "ad-lib" preacher. I like to say things and illustrations that are spontaneous. I can't do that in French because it still takes too long for me to think of the words needed, figure out what tense, conjugate them, arrange the pronouns and adjectives in the right order (whether they go in front, behind, or even inbetween verbs) and then put everything in order. So for now, I preach sticking to and reading directly from my paper!

-During the month of July, Pastor Cote' will be on vacation. He has asked me to fill in for him for all of the services for the month of July! This will be a great practice for me because it will be like I am on the mission field having to prepare the messages for all of the services. I am excited about the upcoming opportunity!

Until next time!.....