I also remember what a preacher said during a sermon that challenged me. He said, "If someone asks your children, 'Who is the greatest Christian you know?', they should never point at the Pastor of the church. They should never point to Grandma or Grandpa. They should never point to the youth pastor. They should point to Dad."
Those words challenged me. I have made many decisions in my life being guided by those very words and it all started with the birth of my son, Joshua.
"Happy Birthday!" to a young man who makes his daddy proud. He is a fine young man that has a good head on his shoulders. He loves the Lord and it is my prayer that he will continually give his heart to serving our Heavenly Father!
He was recently called about a job interview here at a 5-Star Hotel on our island that would have paid him around $20 per hour. The conversation with the office manager went like this:
Manager : "I see that you put down on your resume that you cannot work on Sundays. Is this true?"
Josh : "Yes, I will not work Sundays."
Manager : "Are you sure?"
Josh : "Yes."
Manager : "Are you really sure?"
Josh : "Yes."
Manager : "It is impossible?"
Josh : "Yes."
Manager :"I would have hired you right now for the job. But I cannot hire you if you will not work Sundays."
Josh : "Thank you, but I cannot work Sundays."
Josh came out of the interview, not discouraged, but excited. He said, "I can't believe I got an interview here! They said they would have hired me and I was able to tell them 'No'! It was great!"
People here on our island do not understand why he wouldn't work on Sundays. But then again, they do not know how important the preaching of God's Word is. Josh has learned not to compromise just because of money. He loves preaching with all his heart. He also knows that God always comes first in your life when you truly love God and want His blessings on your life!
Happy Birthday to a special young man!
Joshua requested this Chocolate Mocha Cheesecake for his birthday.
An Oreo crust...cheesecake middle...chocolate mocha mousse layer... & and chocolate espresso ganache topping ! MMMmmm!!! It is an awesome dessert!
"Skyping" with his momma for his birthday...and Micah is showing Josh where his nose is!
Kami and I are blessed to have such wonderful, Spirit-filled children!




