Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Birth Certificate, Social Security Numbers....& shot records?

Yesterday, we called the Health Department here in Fort Myers and we were told that Micah's birth certificate was ready to be picked up.  So I went to the Health Department and paid for two copies of his birth certificate!  Praise the Lord....one thing off of our list!

After I received the birth certificate, I went directly to the social security office to see if I could at least receive the Micah's social security number to be able to apply for his passport.  We were told that Micah is not registered with the Social Security Department and we must do that ourselves in person. 

So this morning (Wednesday), Kami and I went down to the Social Security office with Micah's birth certificate.  We were told that we cannot file for a SS number until Micah is between 6-8 weeks old.  We questioned this issue and finally were told that we could go ahead and register him.  However, we would need to have an additional ID for Micah along with his birth certificate.....huh?  What other ID could a 3-week old have besides his birth certificate?  After pressing this issue, were then told to get his immunization record from the doctor...which I really don't know how that is supposed to identify him any better than his official birth certificate.

Needless to say, we finally got him registered and should receive his social security number in 1-2 weeks.  After this, we then can apply for his passport.

We have also been dropping-in on some of our supporting churches while here in Fort Myers.  We have enjoyed seeing friends from supporting churches and knowing that there are so many people praying for our family.  I also will be preaching a couple of times in the next two weeks as well. 

Until next time.....