It seems that the closer we get to leaving for the field, the more spiritual and physical attacks we face. For almost two weeks, we battled through some of the most miserable flu/fever/lung infections. Then we had one week of repose and then Silas started throwing up on Monday morning. He threw up all the way home (a 2 hour drive) from our meetings. Then on Tuesday evening, Brenna started throwing up, followed by Callie, followed by Beth, followed by Joshua (all in the same night), and then Kami got sick the next day! I have to admit that I kidded with Kami when Brenna started throwing up and Kami was helping her. I said, "Wouldn't it be funny if two of them got sick at the same time!" How stupid was that to say! I learned my lesson.......
I literally did loads of soiled towels, one after another, then bed sheets, then quilts and comforters.....what a mess! (Do you know what it is like to get creamed spinach out of bed sheets?) Yes it's gross!
We are now doing much better and I have yet to get sick (and hopefully won't). Our plans are to leave tomorrow for some "drop-in" meetings in the Tampa area. Please pray that all goes well and that I don't get sick and that our family doesn't get any new "bugs" as we travel.