Saturday, October 30, 2010

Off We Go.....Into the wild blue yonder.....

Okay, my Air Force days kicked in for just a second.....(in case you don't know, the title to this post is the Air Force Song)

Today, we are packing up and heading north to Homosassa to be with Pastor Eric Justice and New Hope Baptist Church.  Our family will be singing, I'll be preaching, and we will present our ministry on their special visitor's Sunday and dinner on the grounds tomorrow.  We are looking forward to the meeting and also the fellowship!

One side note:  Joshua's last football game was last night.  He has enjoyed playing with the Emmanuel Baptist School team and has done a great job.  I want to commend Pastor Matt Booher for coaching the team.  I could not have asked for a better role model and mentor for my son.  Pastor Booher is a man who has a talent and love for working with teenagers and he never compromises standards in the process.   He always encourages the boys no matter how they play and makes sure that every boy has a chance to play in each game.  He coached always wearing a tie and the dress code for the boys was always long sports pants.   Praise God for men of God who still believe in standards.  Thank you Pastor Booher for your time and energy you put forth in our future generation!

I will post some pics of Josh from his final games at a later time......