Saturday, October 3, 2009

Like Mother...Like Daughter....

Last night, Kami tried to call her mom. Her dad told Kami that her mom had to run back to the soccer field where she was watching some grandkids play soccer. Apparently, she had left her purse at the soccer field and was running back to see if it was still there.

When I heard that story, I thought to myself, "I sure am glad Kami didn't forget her purse anywhere...the credit card, debit card, checkbook, license....what a mess that would be if it fell into the wrong hands!"

That was last night....but this morning, we loaded up the van and Kami looked frantic. She checked the van and then said, I lost my purse! We thought through our day yesterday and realized that she had left it at McDonalds, about 400 miles away in Montreal, Canada!
We called the McDonalds and the manager said that he had the purse and we told him to hold on to it because we would have a friend pick it up for us this afternoon.

That was this morning....this afternoon, Madame Estelle went to pick it up and the other manager turned it in to the police! So now we have no idea where the purse is except that the police of a foreign country and a foreign language have it! We will be traveling through Montreal on our way back home to Quebec, so we will be searching the police stations in Montreal for Kami's purse! (PS...I just found out her glasses are in the purse along with my inhaler...at least she won't see me if I'm dying of an asthma attack!)