Fall is just about over, here in Quebec City. The leaves are rapidly, and I mean rapidly falling off of the trees and the colors have changed from brilliant to brown with the occasional trees who haven't realized that fall is here! The temperature this morning was 32 degrees (0 celcius) and our van finally begins to blow warm air when we are on our French professor's street! It makes for a long cold ride in the mornings. The kids have been having a blast raking and playing in the leaves. Here they raked and made a big pile to play in.
Our average week goes something like this....
Mondays: studying French, completing homework, grocery shopping, laundry, and errands.
Tuesdays: Wake up at 6:30, make breakfast, Bible reading/prayer time, French classes from 9-11:30 and study the rest of the afternoon..(this past Tuesday after class, I spent 7 hours studying...ughhh), then we normally have church visitation at 6:30.
Wednesdays: same schedule except we leave for church at 5:30 for Kami to teach piano and for our kids to have their French class. We get home about 9pm and we are tired!
Thursdays: same schedule and plenty of studying French.
Fridays: We do language school and then we have our Friday afternoon family fun night. We play games with the kids and have a special meal/dessert that they choose.
Saturdays: Lately it has been traveling to some meetings but normally we study French and get the house cleaned up from the week. I usually prepare my SS lesson and then we get everything laid out for church.
Sunday: Kami plays the piano at church, I teach a SS class, and then every other Sunday afternoon we have a children's class that Kami and I teach.
It seems that French is slowly consuming more and more of our time. We look forward to the day that we can fluently speak French!