This past Tuesday was my first day of French class and Kami's was Wednesday. A fellow Christian name Mrs. Susanne is our tutor. She attends another church here in Quebec and a wonderful blessing in having a Christian for a language tutor, she is going not only teach us French but also teach us to pray in French and to present the Gospel in French as well!
Tuesday, Joshua went with me as so I would not be alone when I have my class at her house. She is very patient, very organized, and not afraid to assign homework! I have been studying for several hours a day in memorization and I have an oral test on Friday. Since we have Silas, we decided to break up for our French lessons. Kami stays home with the kids when I go and vice-versa. This makes it easier to give our full concentration right now without having to deal with a baby crying, diapers, etc.
Our schedule starting next week is Tuesdays and Thursdays are my lessons and Kami goes on Wednesdays and Fridays. Also on Wednesdays, we meet with Pastor Roy and his family at 6 PM. We then break up, (the boys in one group and the girls in another) and we read a children's Bible story-book in French. Pastor Roy will read and then Josh and I will read after him. He will correct us on our pronunciation, give us some grammar rules, and then interpret what we have just read. As for the boys, we are reading "David and Goliath". This is appropriate because right now French seems like a "giant" in our lives, but in God's strength, we will slay the giant and obtain a victory for the people in the French West Indies. "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me!" Philippians 4:13 Please pray for us that our minds will retain and comprehend all that we are trying to cram into our brains!