Another dear preacher friend met us at the meeting with a U-Haul. I was able to drive the U-Haul back to High Springs and we unloaded it this afternoon. He had given us several plastic tables, a piano, 20 songs books, lots of Sunday school materials, an assortment of chairs, some decorations, a couple of lecterns, and Junior church supplies. This will be a great help in getting us set up for the various ministries of the church!
Some of the chairs we purchased!
I was also able to purchase brand-new metal church chairs with all of the upgrades. These are the kind of chairs that hook together to form a "pew". As I was searching Craigslist for chairs for the auditorium, I saw an ad for new chairs for $19/ea. These chairs sell for almost $50/ea. with all of the upgrades. An independent Baptist church about 1 1/2 hours away had purchased more chairs than they needed and had kept these in storage. We are excited because these are the exact chairs that we were trying to find for the church. We just didn't expect to be able to get brand new ones!
Please pray along with us as we are still needing the necessary funds to work on the renovations to the building. The Grand Opening is soon approaching and we want to get the renovation work done quickly to be able to start the blitzing campaigns.
