Monday, September 1, 2014

Off to Golden State Baptist College...

This is a day that we thought was "so far away" from reality.  It seemed as if we always had plenty of time...college was always in the future.  Now we find ourselves dealing with the emotions of that "so far away" day.
We dropped Josh off at the airport this morning at 5:15.  We packed, checked & double-checked that he had everything we could possibly send with him. 
 
To help him out at college, we packed a few extra surprises:
 
Some Family Pics
 
A small blue bear that Silas wanted him to have because "He can't go to college without a stuffed animal."
 
A toy car from Silas as well. 
 
Micah sent a new diaper!
 
Notes and letters from each of us that he will find when he unpacks.
 
A poster signed from the kids on his bus route.
 
A bottle of vitamins (from Momma with the words, "I want an empty bottle when you come home for Christmas!" )
 
His favorite candy bars!
 
What he is leaving behind is a sorrowful, pitiful mess called his family.  We explained to the little ones that they needed to say "Goodbye" to Josh last night because he would be gone before they woke up.  Callie had tears in her eyes and then asked if he would be "living at another church".  When we explained yes, she really broke down.  She had thought that she would be able to see her "Joshy" every week at church!
 
There is a huge hole in my heart right now.  I already miss my boy and my right hand man but I am excited for him and to see how God is going to use him.  I am so 'proud' of the young man of God he has become.  He is everything that I ever wanted in a son...We love you Josh!!!