Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Tarps, Drink Mixes, & the Continuing VISA saga!

Summer is here and the temperatures have been so hot that I built a garage to keep the sun off of our Suzuki!
(...okay, it's a tarp...but it helps to give some shade to our car!  The car has been getting so hot sitting in the sun, that it has been way too hot for the babies when we get in the car to go places. The shade from the tarp has helped our car to be cooler when we put the kids in.)




On Monday, I told Kami that I would really love some drink mixes and some fresh fish steaks.  These are some things that we do not get very often (I get tired of drinking water & juice all of the time).  Well, on Tuesday, my aunt Mariane dropped by for a visit and brought a cannister of Kiwi Tang Drink Mix and some fresh Mahi-Mahi steaks!  Wow, only the Lord could manage to give me the exact desires of my heart from a passing conversation in the car with my wife!

(Thank you Mariane!  The fish was amazing!)




We started having Maria and Bruno over on Wednesdays for lunch, fellowship, and to get them involved more in the ministry here.  Today, we filled plastic door-hanging bags with a copy of John & Romans in French, a French Gospel Tract, and an invitation to our Sunday Bible Studies.

Then on the way to take Maria home (Bruno couldn't come today) Kami, our kids, and Maria passed out the door hangers on one of the streets in town. 


Kami and I went to the Government office of the Préfecture to continue the never-ending saga of validating her VISA.  We also tried to renew her Resident Card which expires today (the one for which we paid $480) and were told that since she is not working, she does not need the Resident Card....why didn't they listen the first time when I told them that we didn't need one since Kami wouldn't be working???  Anyway, we were told the government would call us to schedule her next appointment on the island of St. Martin for the beginning of July....We were also told that if we don't hear from the government, to call them in 2 weeks.    So, I guess we wait.

Sunday services have been going well.  We are glad to be back and having our Bible Studies/Lunch fellowships on Sundays.  We praise the Lord and look forward to what the 2nd half of 2012 will bring!