Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Still the basketball champ!!!

Josh has a basketball goal set up in our driveway and from time-to-time we have gone out an shot some hoops.  Both of us are very competitive and hate to lose (especially a Father to a son!).  When he was young, I would let him win a game every so often at whatever we played to encourage him and to see the joy on his face as he "beat" dad.  He would always run to mom while yelling, "I beat dad!"

Well, as he has gotten older and is now very good competition at whatever we are playing, I try not to let him win at anything.  (Call it my pride or just plain old competitive nature!)  Well, yesterday, he and I played hoops and when it was all done, I ran to mom yelling, "I beat Josh!...and he didn't even win one game!"

It's true...and I told him I would post on my great victories to let the world (or at least the small portion who actually read our blog!) know that "dear-old dad" still has some juice left in the tank!  I won 4 games of "21", a game of 1-on-1, free throws, and a game of PIG! 

It felt great!.....now I need some Tylenol!