Monday, July 11, 2011

A Great Victory For An 87 Year-Old Man......

This past Friday, Josh and I went to visit an 87 year-old man named Edmund.  Each week we try to visit him and bring him a meal that Kami has prepared.  He normally gets out of bed and we all sit in his living room and spend an hour or so just talking and fellowshipping.   He is very lonely and loves the visits that we make with him. 

(Edmund-this picture was taken back in 2006)

However, on Friday, he was not able to get out of bed to visit with us.  So Josh and I just sat on his bed as he struggled to breathe.  He asked about our family and how things are going?  Then we began to talk about the Lord.  He was in so much pain that he stated that he wanted God to just take him.  He wanted to die.  That's when I told him that he needed to be ready for the Lord to take him.   He then said to me, "But I pray every day that God will show me what to do."  This opened a great door for Josh and I to tell him again about the Lord.  I told him, "I am the answer to that prayer, for God had sent me to St. Barthelemy to tell everyone how to receive eternal life and become a Christian." 

We then talked about the Lord and about how to put his faith in Jesus Christ and become a Christian.   Finally, he looked at me with tears in his eyes and said, "I want to trust Jesus Christ and ask Him to save me."  As we prayed together, he simply ask Christ to be his Saviour and asked Christ for "La vie eternelle" (eternal life).  Afterwards, he looked at me with a smile and said that he was now a Christian, he had put his faith in Christ alone.

Praise God for an 87 year-old man turned away years of tradition, years of false beliefs, and put his faith in Jesus Christ!