Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Still No Phone......For A Long Time!

I just wanted to let everyone know that we checked with the phone company yesterday and they told us that we will not have phone/internet service at our house for at least 2 more months.....maybe longer. 
The good thing is that we can accesss our emails at my Aunt/Uncle's house and be able to check them from time to time.  Today, I also hooked up our Vonage phone.   We will only be able to use it when we are at my Aunt/Uncle's place for now, but at least we can call family and get in touch with people if we need to.

It has been hot lately and the mosquitos seem to still be in "full force", especially after the rains that we have had.  A pastor's wife gave us a little trick to try to help fight the mosquitos.   Spray some lemon mixed with water on you and it helps keep the mosquitos away.  We have some limes so I am hoping that they will do the same thing!  If you have any mosquito repellent tricks, please feel free to email us with your suggestions. 

I have an appointment at the garage tomorrow to get our new shocks put on our Suzuki.  Then I take the car back to the inspection station to get it approved for final registration.  Our car has been running great and I am so glad that we got a vehicle with 4X4.  The other day, when the road was wet, we began to slip.  So I slipped the car into 4-wheel drive and up we went without a problem.

One big prayer request that we have is for folks to pray for our paperwork that we still need to get back from France.  Without it, we can only stay here on St. Barths for 3 months.  Joshua and I have already spent 1 month here.  The lady in France said that she is waiting on the government from the island of St. Thomas (where I was born) to send her some paperwork regarding their legislation.  It has been well over 2 months since she asked for this paperwork.   Please pray that this all gets done quickly so we can get our French passports.

We will let you know some more details later but for now, this is just a quick post.  Thank you everyone for your prayers for our family!