Thursday, April 28, 2011

Just a quick update..........

Joshua and I have arrived safely this past Tuesday on St. Barthelemy.  Joshua has fell in love with the island here and loves just about everything about it.....except for island time!   Island time is basically, "you live on an island that is 8 1/2 sq. miles so there is absolutely no need to be in a hurry....so just wait around for awhile, everyone takes their sweet time!"

Yesterday, we traveled around and accomplished several things:
1) We signed our lease agreement on our house....so it's official!
2) We got the electricity changed into our name.
3) We ordered our phone/internet service...it should be available sometime around May 6 or later.

I have already run into a Jehovah's Witness.  We exchanged some French dialogue but I was at the hospital visiting someone and could not get into a deep conversation.  As for now, my French is still lacking in vocabulary, especially when trying to discuss Biblical doctrine.

I have already begun to be introduced around the island as the "Pasteur" (Pastor).... and we have already begun to be asked to pray for someone in the hospital.  A pastor once said to us, "God is preparing the people of St. Barths to receive the Gospel just as much as He is preparing your family to deliver the Gospel."  We can see that our Heavenly Father is already at work!

Our household goods arrived today.  It must have been pretty rough seas for the boat that shipped our belongings...many boxes were crushed or broken open but I think our stuff looks like it faired okay.  Joshua and I got everything moved in just two truck loads, and we are glad for that.  We even have begun this evening to start putting together bunk beds and get some things set up.  It will be a very busy next few weeks but we are looking forward to having a home and get off the road of deputation!