Tuesday, November 16, 2010

No kids allowed!!!

After a very hectic week and another mission's conference coming up this week, Kami and I decided it was time for us to have a date!

We have not had some time for just us since we left Canada.  As we have traveled to meetings over the past several weeks, we keep passing a little restaurant on the river about 2 hours north of Ft. Myers just off of the interstate.  Across the street, there is an outlet mall as well.  Each time that we pass it, Kami has mentioned that she would like to go to both places. 

So, yesterday, we left the kids (except for Callie) with my mom and headed out for our date!  We spent the afternoon walking, walking, and walking through all the stores at the outlet mall.  Then we went to the little restaurant on the river.  However, when we got there, we found that it was a pub/bar so we left and went some where else.  Then we went back to the hotel room with cheesecake to enjoy the Eagles game! (P.S....if you have never tried the Priceline "name your own price" website, you need to.  We got our hotel room at half price!) 

I love my wife and I enjoy every moment that I share with her.  She is so much fun to be around and we just laugh and laugh when we are together.  She is truly my best friend!!!  I love you Kami!!! I can't wait until our next date!

By the way, we found a great big used book shop at exit 217 on I-75!  We loaded up on some used books for our kids.  If you are ever in the area, it is worth the stop.  Just look for the Goodwill used book store behind the Country Inn and Suites.