--Brussel sprouts used to be a dreaded vegetable when I was a kid. So when Kami came home and showed me the bag of fresh brussel sprouts that she bought for us to try, I gagged. I remember my mother boiling them to a mushy consistency and the smell and taste horrified me. Well, after Kami made them for dinner tonight, I have to admit....my tastes have changed and I like brussel sprouts. In fact, everyone in my family loved them! I have noticed that the veggies that I didn't like when I was younger, I am starting to like now. Kami says that our tastes change as we get older.....but I still hate liver!
--The kids have had a great 1st-week of school. They love their classes and have had a great week. Joshua loves his New Testament survey class. In fact, he is going to be teaching us a devotional each Friday night from his notes from his class. I am glad that he is excited and wants to share the things he has learned.
--I know we still have several weeks before we leave, but we have begun to pack-up some of our belongings. We are being merciless when it comes to throwing away things that we don't need in the West Indies and things we really do not use. We have packed all of our books already. I think thus far we have 5 boxes of books. My family loves to read and Joshua wants to start his own library! I just hate moving the heavy boxes. Our time here is running short and we ask that you please pray for us as we try to schedule some meetings back in the states after we finish language school.......
Until next time.....