Yes, we have made it back safe and sound from our trip to Nova Scotia, however, when we arrived back we brought back "colds" that we shared among our family! Thus the reason for not keeping our website up-to-date. We are now back on track and feeling well!
It was a wonderful mission's conference in Sackville, Nova Scotia with Sackville Indepedent Baptist Church! We stayed with Pastor Dodd and his wife and are so thankful that they opened their home to us. Silas fell in love with Pastor Dodd and would wave at him during the services and announcements! We praise the Lord for this church and are encouraged that they increased their faith promise committments by 50% for this coming year!
When we arrived home, Kami and Silas were both sick. I had to be the daddy and mommy for a couple of days (Kami can have her job back, I am not made to be a mommy!....how much bleach to you put in with a load of laundry....about 3 1/2 cups work.......brilliant white clothes!).
After Kami started to feel better, Brenna and I got sick as well. However, we are now better and back in the swing of things. Language school has been difficult. We are learning pronouns and there are so many rules to know when dealing with pronouns. Verbs change according to the masculine, feminine, and plural of the direct objects and the corresponding pronouns but only where they are in relation to the verb in the sentence structure. Not to mention that the place of the direct object pronouns can change place to go in front, after, and even inbetween verbs in a sentence. I have to admit, yesterday evening, I felt like burning my French grammaire book!!! (I was pretty frustrated...but later that evening I listened to a message by Dr. David Gibbs that worked on my heart and encouraged me to quit complaining and give thanks for this trial called "Language School"!)
The weather is cold (about 3 degrees Celsius today). The forecasters are calling for snow flurries tomorrow evening and the kids are excited about the possible snow. Thank you to all of you who pray for our family.....We praise the Lord for each and every one of you!